3.02.2011

Nude Shoes

I have a confession to make. I have been hearing about nude shoes being "the new black" for a while now and I have yet to own a pair. I know what you're thinking, but for a 5'10" woman with a size 11 narrow foot, finding that perfect pair of shoes is nothing short of impossible. After years of sending patient sales associates into the depths of the Nordstom basement only to see them emerge with a single box containing 6 inch healed, hot pink sandals (when I had asked for a trendy running shoe) I began to give up on buying new shoes altogether. I surrendered myself to the comfort of my black and white Chuck Taylor's with the "adorably quirky" holes in the toes and convinced myself that shoes should, above all else, be comfortable even at the sacrifice of fashion.

Then came nude shoes. NUDE. SHOES. How amazing are nude shoes? I fell in love with them the instant I saw models strolling casually in them down the runway, but (with good reason) I have not been able to find that perfect pair. Some are too short, too wide, too tall...you get the idea. I had almost given up on my pursuit of trendy shoes yet again when today I came across this post from Ave Styles. In her post, Alexandra Evjen suggests that nude is "THE most important color in a shoe collection." THE most important!?! And I, fashion blogger (kind of) and "trendy" twenty-something is lacking a shoe of this caliber? Well, dear readers, TODAY my nude shoe search continues with confidence and strength! I WILL find those nude shoes, even if it takes hours of basement scouring by top Nordstrom professionals. Or maybe I will just start by ordering these Jessica Simpson pumps...

...or these strappy peep-toes from Kurt Geiger (online).

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you loved the post! I have size 10 narrow feet and have the hardest time finding shoes too!!! I really like those Kurt Geiger shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't count Jessica Simpson out - she has really cute clothes, shoes & boots. Surprising, right?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...