3.26.2011

Online Magazines

Moving into the age of technology has been quite easy for me. Cell phones became a necessity just about the time I got my first car and I have been reading and sending emails to friends and family since middle school. However, one area of technological advancement that has seemed to elude me is the online magazine market. I know what you're thinking: "But you're a blogger! You live for online media!" and yes that's true.

However, since I can remember I have been an avid reader of thick, glossy magazines. In my younger days the magazine content revolved around pin-ups of Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Matthew Lawrence and other 90's "hotties." My magazine content matured with me and now I find myself flocking to fashion staples like Vogue,  InStyle and Elle. Regardless of the magazine, I have never felt the desire to divert from purchasing these glossy pages.

Alas, in the recent year my magazine reading has come mostly from online sources. I have given in and given up my need for tangible print material. In so doing, I have not only uncovered a huge pool of independent merchandise and vendors, but I've gained some extra cash in my pocket from the savings of free online media. Score!

Here are some of the online magazines I can't live without.

Rue Magazine: Beautifully photographed and designed, this mag is full of fab design and fashion ideas from bloggers around the web.

N.E.E.T. Magazine: Vintage clothes, delicious design and funky crafts gives this magazine an indie feel and makes it so addicting!

High Gloss Magazine: A brand new, lovely lifestyle magazine covering everything from design to fashion.

Check out the new spring editions! And let me know, which online magazines are you addicted to?

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I love magazines. Addicted. I check out matchbook online and a few randoms. I still love the occasional glossy magazine though, especially at the nail salon:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magazines at the nail & hair salons are the best! I will have to check out Matchbook and see what I am missing. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...